Awards and Recognition
Recognition of our 2017 diversity and inclusion practices, programs and strategies.
HCSC has received recognition for the past five years from DiversityMBA, a national leadership organization focused on integrating diversity and inclusion with talent management. DiversityMBA awards companies with compelling stories, strategies, successes and best practices. We are proud to have advanced to No. 2 from No. 6 on its 2017 rankings of the Best Companies for Women and Diverse Managers to Work, also known as the 50 Out Front.
HCSC was also honored to have two employees recognized as DiversityMBA Top 100 under 50 recipients. The awardees were Dr. Esteban Lopez, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas chief medical officer and southwest Texas market president, and Margaret Trietsch, senior director of content strategy and delivery.
Our 2017 Awards and Recognition include:
- 50 Out Front: No. 2 Best Companies for Women & Diverse Managers to Work
- 50 Out Front: Best Companies to Work for Women and Diverse Managers Ranking in five categories:
- Workplace Inclusion and Retention
- Board Diversity
- Succession Planning
- Military Friendly Employers Designation and Bronze Status
Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- Awarded 100 percent on the Corporate Equality Index – Best Places to Work
National Business Inclusion Consortium “Best of”
- The 2017 Best Corporation for Inclusion
National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- Best of the Best Corporation for Inclusion
US Business Leadership Network (USBLN)
- Awarded 100 percent on the Disability Equality Index
- HCSC named DiversityMBA No. 1 Regional Company
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma recognized as Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce Mosaic Top Inclusive Workplace Culture
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois recognized as the Phoenix Center’s Springfield Community Partners PRIDE Award recipient (the Phoenix Center is an LGBTQ community center in Springfield)